If you’d like to try your hand as a chocolatier we have a variety of options for you to choose from.
Summer Holiday Children’s Chocolate Workshops
*** Summer holiday children’s chocolate workshops now open for booking! ***
Children can become a chocolatier for the morning with this fun chocolate making workshop! Under the expert guidance of Claire and Bertie, owners of Butterflies Chocolates, children will use the finest sustainably sourced Belgian milk chocolate and professional equipment to:
- make and decorate a large chocolate bar
- make and decorate a chocolate lollipop
- make caramel chocolates
- enjoy a pot of melted chocolate and treats to dip
- package up their creations to take home.
- Monday 12th August 2019, 10am – 12 noon, Wilberfoss Community Centre
- Thursday 22nd August 2019, 10am – 12 noon, Sheriff Hutton Village Hall
- Friday 30th August 2019, 10am – 12 noon, Wilberfoss Community Centre
Recommended ages 4-14 years old, but no age restrictions. Booking is essential as places are limited to ensure individual attention to each child.
Please contact us prior to booking to discuss any specific dietary requirements.
Please note it is a requirement of our insurance that all children have a responsible adult staying – feel free to help them as much or as little as you like, and enjoy a cup of luxury hot chocolate, tea or coffee with a biscuit.
Chocolate Workshops for 4-8 People in Your Own Home
In the comfort of your own home or venue of your choice learn how to make your own chocolate creations with expert tuition from us at Butterflies Chocolates. You’ll also explore the world of chocolate and learn how to taste chocolate properly using all your senses, with lots of delicious chocolatey treats along the way. These chocolate workshops are suitable for small groups of 4-8 people, aged 16 or older.
We’ll start the workshop with an introduction and a cup of our luxury hot chocolate. Then, using the finest sustainably-sourced Belgian milk chocolate, you’ll design, make and decorate:
- A large chocolate bar
- Chocolate drops
- 8 fresh cream truffles in two flavours of your choice from our selection.
Whilst the chocolates set you’ll enjoy a chocolate fondue with fresh fruit to dip before packaging up your creations.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- How to work with tempered chocolate
- How to mould a bar
- How to pipe chocolate
- How to make a fresh cream chocolate ganache and truffles
- How chocolate is made and the different factors that affect the end flavour of chocolate
- How to properly taste chocolate using all your senses, with two single origin chocolate samples to taste.
This workshop is suitable for anyone over the age of 16. Please note that it is a condition of our insurance that at least one member of the group is over 18 and responsible for any minors. Our travel is included within a 10 mile radius of Pocklington. Please contact us for a chat if your venue is further away.
This workshop takes approximately 2 and half hours and costs £30 per person, with a minimum number of 4 people and a maximum number of 8 to ensure individual attention to each person. Please contact us to book a date or if you have any questions.
Chocolate Workshops for Larger Groups at Your Own Venue
We can create a bespoke chocolate workshop to meet the needs of your group, depending on age, interests and budget. If you are part of a large group that would like to have a chocolate workshop then please contact us to have a chat about various options.
Chocolate Workshops for Couples at Your Own Venue
*** Coming soon! *** Chocolate workshops for couples – the perfect gift for you and your partner to experience together!