These melt-in-the-mouth shortbread biscuits are simple to make and taste delicious!
225g plain flour
225g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1 large bar of Lemon & Thyme milk chocolate, cut into small chunks
1. Grease a 30 x 18cm (12 x 7″) baking tin with a little butter.
2. Mix together the plain flour and cornflour, then add the butter and sugar and rub together with your fingertips.
3. Gently stir in the lemon zest and chocolate pieces.
4. Lightly knead the mixture to bring it together to a smooth dough.
5. Press the dough into the baking tin, spreading it out as evenly as you can, then use a fork to prick all over the dough.
6. Chill the dough in the fridge until firm.
7. When ready preheat your oven to 160C/140C fan/gas mark 3.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a pale golden colour.
9. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then cut into rectangles. Lift the rectangles out carefully (the shortbread crumbles easily!) and cool on a wire rack.